Terms & Conditions
In using this website and our services you are deemed to have read and agreed to the following terms and conditions:
1. Acceptance of Terms
The Dorset Film Office provides the Services (defined below) to you subject to the following Terms and Conditions ("T&Cs"), which may be updated from time to time without notice to you. By accessing and using Dorset Film Office Services, you accept and agree to be bound by these T&Cs.
In addition, when using Dorset Film Office owned or operated services, you and Dorset Film Office shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services, which may be posted and modified from time to time. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the T&Cs.
2. Key Definitions
The following terminology applies to these Terms & Conditions:
- "The Company", "Dorset Film Office" ("us", "we", "our" and "ourselves") means Dorset Film Office (a trading name of Film Expo South Limited), VAT number 251 8939 76, registered in England and Wales at 11 Bassett Meadow, Bassett, Southampton, SO16 7DY VAT number 251 8939 76. Company Number 9631862
- "Website" means the website www.dorsetfilmoffice.com .com and all the pages, content and sub-domains contained therein.
- "Client", "You", "Users" and "Your" refers to you, the person accessing www.dorsetfilmoffice.com and accepting Dorset Film Office’s ("the Company’s") terms and conditions.
- "Registered User" means any business or person who registers on the Website.
- "Member" means any business or person who submits or publishes a profile on the Website.
- "Party", "Parties", or "Us", refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves.
- "Service" means any procedure or service that is provided by Dorset Film Office to Users, which includes, but is not limited to: information, services and products provided through the Website, or by telephone or email.
3. Privacy Statement
4. Passwords and Security
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your dorsetfilmoffice.com password and account and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account.
You agree to immediately notify Dorset Film Office of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
The Dorset Film Office cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this.
5. Member and Users Conduct
You agree to use the website only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of the website. All Users understand that any use of profanity, libellous behaviour, illegal activity, or any other form of abuse via messages, profiles, and other content or any other part of the website may be banned from further use and reported to the authorities, if applicable.
You understand that all postings, messages, applications, text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, or other materials ("content") posted on, transmitted through, or linked from Dorset Film Office, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such content originated. You are entirely responsible for all content that you post, email or otherwise make available via the Service. To the full extent permissible by law under no circumstances will the Dorset Film Office, nor persons connected with it, be liable in any way for any Content, including but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, its accuracy, completeness, timelessness or fitness for any particular purpose or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via this site.
Furthermore, the Dorset Film Office site and content available through the Service may contain links to other websites, which are completely independent of Dorset Film Office. Dorset Film Office makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of the information contained in any such website. Your linking to any other websites is at your own risk.
You acknowledge that Dorset Film Office does not pre-screen or approve all content, but that Dorset Film Office shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to pre-screen, remove or move any content that is available on the website. Without limiting the foregoing, Dorset Film Office and its designees shall have the right to remove any content that violates the T&Cs or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any content created by Dorset Film Office or submitted to Dorset Film Office for violating the letter or spirit of the terms or for any other reason.
Exclusions and Limitations
The information on this web site is provided on an "as-is" basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Dorset Film Office:
- excludes all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents or which is or may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and/or the Company’s literature; and
- excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised this Company of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.
The Dorset Film Office does not however exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your statutory rights are affected.
All major Credit/Debit Cards, Bankers Draft or BACS Transfer are all acceptable methods of payment.
Our Terms are payment on submission of profile or application. Monies that remain outstanding by the due date will incur late payment interest at the rate of 2% above the prevailing Bank of England's base rate on the outstanding balance until such time as the balance is paid in full and final settlement. We reserve the right to seek recovery of any monies remaining unpaid thirty days from the date of invoice via collection Agencies and/or through the Small Claims Court in the event that the outstanding balance does not exceed £3000. In such circumstances, you shall be liable for any and all additional administrative and/or court costs.
All bookings and/or transactions and agreements entered into will cease with immediate effect until such time as any and all outstanding monies are recovered in full.
You agree to indemnify and hold Dorset Film Office and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of content you submit, post, transmit, modify or otherwise make available through the Services, your use of the Services, your connection to the Services, your violation of the T&Cs, or your violation of any rights of another.
You agree that Dorset Film Office, in its sole discretion, has the right (but not the obligation) to deactivate your account, block your email address, or otherwise terminate or restrict your access to or use of the website, immediately and without notice, for any reason, including, without limitation, if Dorset Film Office believes that you have not adhered to the Terms and Conditions.
Both the users and ourselves have the right to terminate the provision of any Services for any reason, including the ending of Services that are already underway. No refunds shall be offered, where a Service is deemed to have begun and is, for all intents and purposes, underway.
You agree that Dorset Film Office shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination or restriction of your access to the website and you agree not to attempt to use the website after said termination.
10. Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
If any provisions hereof are held to be illegal or unenforceable such provisions shall be severed and the remainder of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect unless the business purpose of this Agreement is substantially frustrated thereby.
Dorset Film Office reserves the right to change or update these terms and conditions from time to time. As a User of the website, you are responsible for acknowledging any updates of these terms and conditions by visiting this section. Any significant changes in the terms and conditions will be followed by notification emails to all active Users.
Dorset Film Office
Telephone: +44 (0) 844 272 0016