1. Who are we
Film Expo South Ltd (also trading as Dorset Film Office) is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 9631862.
This policy is written in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 and with the Data Protection Act 1998.
2. Registration and subscription details
If you register with us and/or subscribe to our Services, your registration and subscription details will be retained by us for the purposes of administering your account. Details we process for this purpose include: your name, job role, address, email address, telephone number and account passwords.
Where required for our subscription Services, your payment details will be collected and used by our third party payment provider for administering Contracts on our behalf. We may access such details to address any queries or confirm payments.
We will also collect your date of birth for verification purposes, and to confirm you are over 18 years old.
3. How we collect and use your data
On joining the Dorset Film Office, you have trusted us with your data. We respect your privacy, and are open about what we collect and how we use it.
We also use your information to improve our services to you, which consists of:
- Account set up and administration
- Personalisation of content
- Updates to the website, new services, film community members
- Deliver Marketing
- Event Communications
- Market you, your services to production companies and filmmakers and other business users seeking to film in Dorset
- Providing you with information on services that you have requested from us.
- Carrying out surveys or research.
- Analysing and refining our advertising, campaigning and other operations to increase our effectiveness and engage with more people.
- Managing business transactions
- Checking your compliance with our terms of service;
- Website administration and maintenance, and quality control;
- Compliance and legislation
- Responding to and investigating any complaints from you.
Our reason for processing data under GDPR is based on Legitimate Interests.
4. Your profile(s) and other content
If you upload a profile and other content, this will be visible to other members and users in accordance with the Services we provide to them.
Free Membership will only show basic details, First Name, Role, Category, Years Experience, Professional or Graduate and will not show your email address or telephone number. Contact is only made via Dorset Film Office.
For paying membership profiles, the information you log and photographs are made public and you will have the choice whether your contact details are made visible to other members and registered users. When you enter your details you will have the choice to make your contact details visible or for contact to be made via Dorset Film Office.
5. Contacting us
If you contact us (via email, telephone, post or otherwise), we may collect and retain your contact details and the contents of your communication. We shall use such details for the purpose of handling your query and keeping records of communications.
6. Marketing Communications
We may send you marketing materials by email or post, or contact you by telephone for marketing purposes. We will only do this if relevant to the Services provided to you or otherwise with your consent.
We may also use third party services such as Google Analytics to understand how visitors are interacting with our website. The information collected is used anonymously for statistical purposes and marketing analysis so that we can improve our site and services.
If you access our sites, your IP address and, if you are a registered user, your profile will be logged.
8. Use of your personal data by other users
Personal data within your profile, or otherwise submitted by you as content for the Sites, may be accessed by other users in accordance with the Services provided to them. Whilst we seek to ensure all users agree to our terms of service, we are not responsible for the use or misuse of your personal data by other users.
9. Disclosure of your personal data to other third parties
We may disclose your personal data to third parties where relevant to such purpose, including:
- governmental bodies and law enforcement authorities
- our service providers
- professional advisers
10. Storage and security of your personal data
Your personal data is stored in electronic and physical records maintained by us and/or our service providers. Whilst our offices are located in the UK, our services providers may have servers located in a country within or outside of the European Economic Area, whose laws may not provide the same protection for personal data as within the European Union.
We keep your information for as long as we need to do in order to fulfil the service we offer, or to comply with requests from law enforcement agencies or regulators.
Please note that given the nature of the internet, data transmitted over our Sites or by email is not completely secure from unauthorised access or misuse.
11. Removal of your details from our Sites
To request your profile(s) and data to be deleted from our Sites at any time, this can be completed via yourself on your profile or contact us direct via email: moc/eciffomliftesrod//eciffo.
12. Your rights under GDPR
We welcome you to contact us if you wish to exercise any of your rights under GDPR. These include:
- your right to be informed
- your right to access and correct personal data
- your right to erasure
- your right to data portability
- your right to object to data processing
- your rights relating to automated decision making and profiling
All cases will be reviewed individually, in accordance with this policy, alongside GDPR and other relevant legislation.
If you have any queries in relation to the processing of your personal data by us, please contact:
Dorset Film Office
Telephone: +44 (0) 844 272 0016